Fabinho has denied he had a move to Manchester United blocked by Monaco before joining Liverpool earlier in the summer.
The Brazilian midfielder was one of the stars of the Monaco team that stormed to the Ligue 1 title in 2017 and his performances caught the attention of a number of clubs.
Manchester United were said to be interested in bringing Fabinho to Old Trafford, with reports claiming Monaco blocked the 24-year-olds switch to the Premier League outfit.
But Fabinho has denied the suggestion, saying Jose Mourinhos side never approached Monaco with an official offer.
Manchester never showed any formal interest, they never made me an offer at all, he told Sky Sports.
Maybe there was some interest or a conversation but its not a case of Monaco not letting me go to Manchester United or denying me the move, nothing ever really materialised.
Fabinho cost Liverpool over £40million but Jurgen Klopp has warned fans that the Brazil international is still taking time to adapt to his new surroundings.
Discussing the clubs summer additions, which also include Alisson, Naby Keita and Xherdan Shaqiri, Klopp said last week: I am really happy with the new players.
Fabinho, much better in offensive pressing, but still struggling a bit as not fresh enough. Its been a hard pre-season for him.
Shaqiri comes on as a nine and looked really good. He can play as a 10 and on the wing. It was fantastic what he did.
Naby played 50 minutes at the highest level and then left some gaps open, transition in defence could be better, so many things to work on.
Liverpool start their Premier League campaign against West Ham on Sunday and Fabinho is a doubt for the fixture after picking up an illness this week.