Data from SportsDirect.com reveals the top 20 names sold on the back of football shirts since 1 January.
It is perhaps unsurprising that Alexis Sanchez, who made a high profile switch from Arsenal to Old Trafford, tops the list. Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward recently revealed that the excitement around the Chilean’s arrival helped the club set a new record for shirt sales in January – three times the previous best.
Sanchez’s team-mate Paul Pogba ranks second on the list, despite him enduring a difficult start to 2018.
Ibrahimovic is the only other Manchester United player in the top 10, with the Swede’s inclusion something of a surprise. The 36-year-old has managed to play just seven games this season due to injury. There have also been reports that he could soon be leaving for LA Galaxy.
The figures, which represent online sales through Sports Direct’s UK website, show Barcelona shirts featuring Philippe Coutinho on the back have proved popular.
Also in the top 10 is Mesut Ozil, who recently extended his contract with Arsenal.
Top 20 names sold on the back of football shirts since 1 January 2018
- Alexis Sanchez – Manchester United
- Paul Pogba – Manchester United
- Harry Kane – Tottenham
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool
- Eden Hazard – Chelsea
- Philippe Coutinho – Barcelona
- Kevin de Bruyne – Man City
- Mesut Ozil – Arsenal
- Roberto Firmino – Liverpool
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Manchester United
- Alexandre Lacazette – Arsenal
- Sergio Aguero – Man City
- Romelu Lukaku – Manchester United
- David De Gea – Manchester United
- Heung-min Son – Tottenham
- Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool
- Dele Alli – Tottenham
- Marcus Rashford – Manchester United
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan – Arsenal
- Christian Eriksen – Tottenham
Data provided by Sports Direct, ‘the home of football’. Shop now at SportsDirect.com
More: Manchester United FC