Anthony Martial has been granted permission to leave Manchester Uniteds pre-season tour early to attend the birth of his son.
The 22-year-old forward has been heavily linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer but joined the rest of his team-mates on board their flight to the United States.
However, its understood Martial remains intent on leaving the club and his agent, Philippe Lamboley, confirmed these intentions last month.
Martials relationship with Jose Mourinho broke down significantly last season and the likes of Chelsea and Juventus are expressing a strong interest in the Frenchman ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
According to the Daily Mail, Martial approached Mourinho for special permission to leave Uniteds training camp in Los Angeles and the Portuguese was understanding of the situation.
Martials partner, Melanie Da Cruz, is due to give birth to their son imminently and United will be without the Frenchman for their clash with AC Milan in Pasadena on Thursday morning.
Mourinho was already lacking options in attack, with Romelu Lukaku, Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard yet to return following their respective World Cup campaigns.
The former Chelsea manager admitted earlier this week that hes keen to bring in two more players before the summer transfer window closes.
One thing is what I would like. Another thing is what is going to happen. Mourinho told ESPN.
Asked how many new players he would like to bring in, Mourinho said: I would get two more players.