Anthony Joshua has firmly denied he was relieved to lose his world titles to Andy Ruiz.
Conspiracy theories have been swirling since Ruizs stunning victory and Joshuas own promoter Eddie Hearn suggested his heavyweight felt relief after finally losing his undefeated record.
Joshua plans to jump straight back into a rematch with Ruiz and launched a passionate defence of his attitude after the fight.
As long as you know where you stand with your shit, good and bad, thats all that matters, Joshua said on Instagram live when face with the suggested he was relieved to be beaten by Ruiz.
Anthony Joshua hits back at people who have suggested he's been happy and relieved since losing to Andy Ruiz Jr. pic.twitter.com/1lXcmNGmlc
— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) June 17, 2019
People are always going to interpret the story however they f****** want… as long as you stay true to yourself and know where you stand in a situation, youve got nothing to worry about.
Joshua is expected to rematch Ruiz at the end of the year, but it remains unclear where the second clash will take place.
Hearn insists Joshua has final say on the location, but Ruiz wants the rematch to take place in America or Mexico.
While Joshua has his eyes set on gaining revenge over Ruiz, plenty of boxing experts have urged the British heavyweight to rebuild rather than take on the new champion again.
David Haye, George Foreman, Frank Warren and even Ruizs trainer has admitted a rematch is a big risk.
I think he can win the rematch but he has to change some things in training, Haye said last week.
But its heavily risky to take an immediate rematch.