World

Girl, 7, permanently paralyzed after touching faulty light-up handrail

Seven year-old Zynae Green was left permanently paralyzed after touching a faulty light-up handrail at the MGM Grand Harbor resort in Maryland last June

Seven year-old Zynae Green was left permanently paralyzed after touching a faulty light-up handrail at the MGM Grand Harbor resort in Maryland last June (Pictures: NBC Washington)

A seven year-old girl has been left unable to talk, walk or feed herself after she was electrocuted by a faulty light-up handrail.

Zynae Green was paralyzed after touching the rail while on vacation at the MGM National Harbor Resort in Oxon Hill, Maryland, in June 2018.

The rail was charged with 120 volts of electricity – 10 times the amount it should have been carrying.

That huge shock send Zynae into a cardiac arrest. She was resuscitated, but suffered a traumatic brain injury and now requires 24-hour, round-the-clock care.

Her mother Rydricka Rosier told the Washington Post: We went from Zynae smiling, running off the bus, giving hugs, talking and smiling. And now, in a wheelchair.

Zynae was horrifically injured after grabbing a handrail while walking towards a fountain she enjoyed visiting

Zynae was horrifically injured after grabbing a handrail while walking towards a fountain she enjoyed visiting (Picture: NBC Washington)

That day changed my babys whole life.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Rosier, her partner Carlos Green, 36, their elder daughter Monya, 16, their son Carlos Jr, six, had gone to the resort to take in its lights after dark.

They were celebrating Zynaes graduation from kindergarten, and were preparing the clever youngster for a test that could have seen her skip first grade and go straight to second.

Rosier was looking in her purse for change the children could toss into a fountain when CJ ran ahead and grabbed the faulty handrail that led to the water feature.

Several minutes later, she noticed her sons head resting on the rail.

Rosier said Boy, lift your head up, but grew worried when He never said anything. He didnt move, in response.

Zynae ran over to her brother and grabbed the same railing. She suddenly fell silent too.

Their older sister Monya noticed CJs eyes were opening and closing, and rolling back in his head.

Meanwhile, Zynae was struggling to breathe.

The stricken mother and sister pulled the youngsters off the handrail, with Carlos Green Sr running out from a nearby casino on realizing something was wrong.

Recalling his attempts to revive Zynae, he said: I kept saying, “Breathe, baby. Please breathe, baby. Come on, breathe.”

A security guard who arrived to help also received a small shock from the railing, prompting him to yell at a colleague to turn it off.

Zynae was rushed to hospital, with her parents hearing applause coming from the emergency room as doctors and nurses regained her pulse.

Advertisement

Advertisement

CJ received only minor injuries, but his big sister spent three months in hospital.Read More – Source

Related Articles

Back to top button